Hey, I’m Gemma Clark. I am a multi award winning luxury Makeup Artist, specialising in Bridal makeup and editorial work. I am also the Creative Beauty Director for British Muse magazine.
As a Makeup Artist and Creative Beauty Director, my personal preferred style of makeup is enhancing beauty and features, not masking them. I take pride in looking at facial features and skin tones etc. I work with clients to achieve beautiful red carpet looks. My style is not a one size fits all approach.
Makeup is very personal. My clients vary in age range. I am very experienced working with different skin types and matching skin to appropriate products. I create bespoke looks tailored specifically for individuals. Fresh faced, vintage or red carpet glamour – we can discuss the best results for you.
Gemma Clark’s Awards and Accolades
I am very proud to have an excellent reputation for delivering quality in my work and client care.
I have won several national awards based on both my bridal expertise, all round makeup techniques and business ethics. Most recently I won Specialist Makeup Artist of the Year 2023 at The English Makeup Awards for both the North East region and overall UK winner. My achievements include;
- Specialist Makeup Artist of the Year 2023 – Regional North East winner and Overall UK winner – English Makeup Awards
- Best Bespoke Makeup Artist 2023 Northern England – Lux Global Wedding Awards
- LUXLife Customer Service Excellence Award 2022 – Lux Global Wedding Awards
- Makeup Artist of the Year 2022/2023 – Yorkshire Prestige Awards
- Makeup Artist of the Year 2022/2023 (North England) – Lux Global Wedding Awards
- Makeup Artist of the Year – North 2022/2023 – SME UK Enterprise Awards
- Makeup Artist of the Year (North of England) 2022 – Global Wedding Awards
- Makeup Specialist of the Year 2021 – Yorkshire Prestige Awards
- Specialist Bridal Makeup Artist of the Year 2021 – Global Wedding Awards
- Best Bridal and Fashion Makeup Artist of the Year 2020 – SME Northern Enterprise Business Awards
- Specialist Bridal Makeup Artist of the Years 2018 – English Wedding Awards
- Specialist Makeup Artist of the Year 2017 – English Hair and Beauty Awards
I am listed in the bridal industry favourite “Go Hen” Top 50 Bridal Makeup Artists for the whole of the UK.
Following my first award, I accepted 1 of 200 global places on the highly coveted Makeup Mastered programme. I was mentored by world class fashion industry experts, including the Contributing Beauty Editor of Vogue magazine. This led to working with celebrity clientele on various magazine editorials and fashion photo shoots.
My makeup is featured in several bridal and fashion magazines. I worked on a beauty campaign which raised awareness around animal testing for cosmetic use. Vogue Italia magazine published 2 images from this campaign. I am very proud of this.
I am the Creative Beauty Director for luxury bridal, fashion and beauty magazine British Muse. This was a huge career opportunity and I love that it allows me to write about all aspects of beauty. I enjoy great relationships with beauty brands and other creatives in the industry. I am very proud to have my dream role as well as working as a busy freelance Makeup Artist.
As well as being freelance, I also have agency representation as a Creative by TTM Management.
Gaining agency representation is something I am especially proud of. This was a goal of mine for the first few years of my career. Living in a small town, working in an already saturated market and being fairly new to the industry I knew I was going to have to work hard to be seen. 3.5 years into my freelance journey, I achieved my goal!
How I ensure to stay informed and up to date with makeup trends and techniques
Professional Development is very important to me. I believe it is critical to continue to learn. Keeping updated on trends and techniques is key to grow with the ever-changing industry. A highlight for me was learning lip art by the lipqueen herself, Karla Powell. Well, if you’re going to learn something new, you need to learn from the best right?
Learn how to apply your own makeup
As a freelance Makeup Artist, my working week varies. Between applying bridal, red carpet, editorial makeup and my Beauty Editor work I also offer 1:1 or small group makeup lessons which are very popular. I also do Microblading (semi-permanent brows).
If you would like to discuss my makeup services, I would love to hear from you. You can email me on email@example.com or contact me here!
If you prefer to chat, then please feel free to call me – you can ask as many questions as you need to.
You can also find me on social media, yay!